If you or a loved one requires palliative care, you have options. We know this is a difficult time in which hard decisions have to be made. Summit Hospice offers many services designed to meet the needs of our clients and even increase their quality of life. Our compassionate and experienced team of healthcare professionals make it their mission to help our clients feel their best.
Our Palliative Care Services
We offer a full range of services to fit your every need. From help managing symptoms to emotional support, our specialists will be there with you every step of the way. You are unique and our specialized care package will be tailored to who you are and what you need. Our services include:
- Medical Equipment
- Provide equipment that the client may need such a wheel chair or certain medications
- Regular home care visits from registered nurses to check in on clients and ensure that they’re needs are being met
- Emotional support
- Including chaplains, social workers, and nurses to help you and your family cope with the difficult changes
- Pain and Symptom Management
- Nurses will adjust medications and prescriptions as clients need them and ensure that each client feels good and is getting the care they need
- Social Workers
- Provide counseling services and provide community resources
- Counsel each client and their families in accordance with their beliefs as well as connect them to members of their own faith group
What is Palliative Care?
Palliative care is for anyone no matter their age or illness. It serves to not only help clients manage their symptoms but also provide a layer of support that often times the client and their family needs. Palliative care specialists will work with your doctor to develop a care plan that improves your quality of life and allows you to work with many different specialists to cater to your needs.
We also know how difficult and confusing this time can be for our clients’ families. Our specialists are here to help families understand what their loved one is going through and shed some light on how their support and love helps. We answer all of your questions and aim to keep you updated every step of the way.
Are you considering palliative care for yourself or a loved one? Here are a few facts that can help:
Palliative care can begin at the time of diagnosis or during treatment and may even be used off and on throughout treatments.
Palliative care helps clients and their families emotionally. Illness no matter how severe, worries people and often leads to increased anxiety and even depression. A specialist will be able to help clients and their families work through the things that are upsetting or bothering them.
Palliative Care From Summit Hospice
Do you have palliative care questions? Would you like us to develop a care plan for you or a loved one during treatments? Contact us today and we’ll arrange a meeting to show you what our specialists can do to make your life easier and less worrisome.